Icario is a mission-driven health action company that connects people to health so they can live healthier, happier, longer lives. Icario was formed through the combination of three companies. In 2020, Revel and NovuHealth joined forces to create Icario because they knew they could do better together—creating value by uniting pioneering technology, data science, and behavioral insights to make the world a healthier place, one person at a time. In May of 2021, Icario partnered with CVC Capital, a leading global private equity firm that provided them with world-class resources to fuel Icario’s next phase of growth. With CVC’s support, Icario has been ideally positioned to bring its mission to more people through a shared vision for the business. In June of 2021, Icario acquired ChipRewards, which expanded its consumer engagement and health action platform even further.
They partnered with The Bowdoin Group for help to grow their commercial team with a Chief Commercial Officer to drive business growth and market share and ensure sales success. The client’s goal was to engage with a candidate with deep sales experience within the payer space.
The perfect candidate:
- Past success building and managing high-quality, high-performing commercial organizations. Ability to set proper sales goals, hold the team accountable while working across departments to meet common goals, and support the full life cycle of client relationship
- Previous success leading the development of a company’s commercial strategy in collaboration with the executive leadership team, ensuring alignment for short and long-term objectives, executing on a go-to-market strategy, and driving transformational growth.
- Experience understanding/navigating a complex, consultative sale to the C-suite while also engaging other stakeholders in the business.
- Demonstrated success building businesses for risk-bearing customers, ideally understanding the patient engagement, quality/care management/pop health, and member experience functions. Additionally, an understanding of or experience with government programs (MA, Managed Medicaid, etc.) within the payer ecosystem.
- Experience driving post-M&A integration of GTM/Commercial processes, positioning and packaging, value proposition development, and pricing models.
- Experience collaborating closely with and reporting to a Board in pursuit of the company’s overall goals. Focus on sales progress, forecasts, and ongoing commercial strategy.
The TBG Process
- Build a list of payer-focused health data/IT and value-based care companies in the United States, and then identify all sales leaders at these companies.
- Based on an active market for sales leaders in the digital health space, expand sourcing to companies within the payments/cost containment/risk space.
- Network with leaders in the digital health space.
- Executive Search
- Digital Health
- Employee Count: