Founded in 1994, The Bowdoin Group is an award-winning executive search firm based in Waltham and Boston, MA, that specializes in leadership and strategic roles, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) services, and major hiring projects for a wide range of companies in Life Sciences, Digital Health, FinTech, Software & Technology, and Private Equity & Venture Capital. Our clients range from small firms building out their executive team to larger firms sourcing talent for rapid market expansion.
Our vision is to partner with the world’s most innovative companies to transform careers, fuel growth, and create more connected ecosystems. We are guided by our mission, which is to grow companies and develop careers by providing our clients the talent and industry expertise to create extraordinary teams. At Bowdoin, we are in the people business, and everything we do extends to our company’s brand and our peoples’ individual brands. We live and breathe our values of excellence, integrity, curiosity, teamwork, and doing the right thing: and we look for these in every team member we bring through the door to join our growing team.
As a Managing Director, you will partner with high-growth technology firms to solve their most critical talent needs. You will drive growth and identify new business through building relationships with leaders, influencers and investors in the technology and software markets. In addition to the entrepreneurial aspect of the role, you will also be expected to attract, recruit and screen executives for our senior level searches. Our MDs typically have 8+ years work experience in a solution sales or executive search environment. This is a leadership role in our organization and reports directly to our President.
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategy for one of our key market vertical
- Build trusted relationships with technology leaders, venture capitalists, private equity firms, and other influencers in the technology community
- Manage Recruiter and Research teams on multiple projects within the software and technology space, leveraging network and industry experience to drive multiple search projects to a close
- Engage and thoroughly interview executives while also advising and consulting clients on key hiring and talent decisions
- Identify new business opportunities and continuously engage with the Boston tech community, communicating The Bowdoin Group’s unique service offerings
The Bowdoin Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bowdoin does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to building a team that brings together diversity in backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, at this time we are not able to sponsor visas.