BehaVR is a leading Digital Therapeutics company that partners with the country’s leading academic institutions, research institutes, and pharmaceutical companies. They innovate at the intersection of behavioral science, virtual reality, and community design to develop immersive, evidence-based experiences that change peoples’ lives. With every program BehaVR creates, they commit to giving people agency over their health and generating value, change, and better clinical outcomes for all stakeholders in the healthcare system.
BehaVR contracted The Bowdoin Group to find a Chief Clinical Officer. The CCO will be a pivotal member of their Senior Executive team, engaged in defining the organization’s overall clinical strategy and direction and shaping the company strategy alongside other senior functional leaders. This role will serve as the clinical vision for the organization and provide clinical guidance to all functional areas. The CCO will provide clinical oversight, expertise, and leadership to ensure the creation and delivery of digital wellness and therapeutics programs. Its mission is to educate, motivate, and activate people to achieve their best health. Using innovative VR-based technology, BehaVR tackles some of the most important behavioral health areas and improves patient outcomes.
The perfect candidate:
- Previous experience leading or participating in the development of a company’s clinical strategy
- Past success forging and nurturing key partnerships and collaborations with the external scientific and medical communities
- Ability and experience in communicating and engaging global KOLs and Patient Foundations
- Ability to articulate strategy and data in unknown therapeutic areas and attract medical interest from peers
- An executive who can lead, build, mentor, and coach a high performing team within a growth stage company
The TBG Process
- Create a target list by identifying anxiety and psychiatry focused companies in the Boston and Nashville areas, including pharma, medical centers, digital therapeutics, and digital health
- Identify candidates (current/former) at the Vice President level and above at target companies; focusing on Greater Boston and Nashville areas and expanding geographic region as needed
- Use targeted messaging and direct outreach to engage top candidates
- Develop and leverage a Bowdoin networking list for qualified referrals and/or backchannel intelligence on candidates
- Executive Search
- Digital Health
- Chief Clinical Officer