New Haven, Connecticut
Wellinks is a dynamic, COPD-focused digital health company fueled by a mission to empower people in their pursuit to breathe freely. Wellinks’ lead asset is a digitally enabled and outcomes-driven holistic COPD treatment focusing on reinventing respirator care. Wellinks leverages its empathic and innovative spirit as a catalyst for creating a constellation of care around its members. Through virtual-first human-centered care, Wellinks empowers greater outcomes for those living with chronic respiratory care, reinventing COPD care and empowering patients everywhere.
They partnered with The Bowdoin Group to grow their senior executive team with a Chief Medical Officer to shape the company strategy alongside other senior functional leaders. The client’s goal was to engage with a candidate with the ability to lead the clinical vision for the organization and provide clinical direction to all functional areas.
The perfect candidate:
- MD or DO and are board-certified or eligible in family medicine, or internal medicine with 5+ years of clinical experience managing COPD patients
- Experience working cross-functionally (e.g. Business Development, Marketing, Product Development, and more)
- Experience effectively communicating with the corporate and health plan medical community regarding epidemiological, scientific/medical, and health-economic data
- Passion for helping patients with chronic disease, using technology, and have clinical experience and background in clinical informatics, or health care management
The TBG Process
- Build a list of companies within the disease management and therapeutics, virtual care delivery, and disease and biometric monitoring spaces, and identify all clinical leaders at these companies
- Expand sourcing to include clinical leaders from a broader list of digital health and pharmaceutical companies
- Network with leaders in the digital health space
- Executive Search
- Digital Health
- Series C