San Antonio, TX
GenCure, a subsidiary of BioBridge Global, is a regenerative medicine-focused organization that works to enable the development of cell-based therapies by providing access to source materials, cGMP biomanufacturing experience, and clinical research support. They offer process and analytical development, cGMP manufacturing, in-process, and release testing while leveraging a unified quality management system. GenCure focuses on regenerative medicine through the Texas Cord Blood Bank, a biomanufacturing facility, an apheresis center, and a deceased donor tissue bank.
They partnered with The Bowdoin Group for help to grow their operations team with a Vice President of Operations. The client’s goal was to engage with a candidate who has experience in cell/gene therapy and the ability to build out GenCure’s contract GMP cell therapy manufacturing capabilities.
The perfect candidate:
- At least 15 years experience with GMP biopharmaceutical manufacturing, with 3+ years experience in cell and gene therapy manufacturing
- Experience in construction (greenfield or brownfield) of a biopharmaceutical (preferably cell/gene) manufacturing facility
- Ability to effectively communicate scientific and technical concepts, program objectives, data analysis to a broad range of audiences
- MS or Ph.D. in life sciences
The TBG Process
- Build a list of regenerative medicine focused CDMOs in the United States, and then identify all manufacturing and process development leaders at these companies
- Based on a small pool of qualified candidates within the greater Texas area, expand sourcing to include candidates at the Director through Vice President level, as well as candidates who have less cell and gene therapy expertise yet experience that is still relevant
- Network with leaders in the life sciences space to generate referrals
- Executive Search
- GenCure Biomanufacturing
- VP of Operations