Elevian develops new medicine that promotes recovery and regeneration. Their lead program is to promote post-stroke recovery.
Elevian is a private, development-stage biopharmaceutical company developing new medicines that promote recovery after neuron injuries. Their lead program is a recombinant protein for the treatment of stroke in the days following the event, for which there are currently no viable treatments. By promoting regeneration, Elevian’s medicines have the potential to treat and prevent many aging-associated diseases.
They partnered with The Bowdoin Group to help grow their clinical team with a Vice President of Clinical Development. This candidate will lead and drive the clinical development programs and be involved in all aspects of the programs, from the design of first in human studies through completion of Phase 3 registration studies and NDA filing. The client’s goal was to engage with a candidate with strong clinical development experience, preferably in stroke and other age-related diseases.
The perfect candidate:
- M.D. or Ph.D. in a relevant discipline with experience in therapeutics
- 7+ years of clinical development experience
- Thorough understanding of the drug development process and experience with clinical operations, medical affairs, biostatistics, and pharmacovigilance
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical design and implementation of Phase 1 to Phase 2 Proof-of-Concept clinical studies
- Working knowledge of FDA, EMA, PMDA regulations and expectations, Good Clinical Practice, ICH guidelines, and clinical development
- Experience in small to medium-sized companies, as well as stroke and other age-related diseases, is highly preferred
The TBG Process
- Build a list of clinical-stage companies in the neuromuscular and neurodegenerative space, and identify all Clinical Development leaders on the East Coast at these companies
- Based on a tight candidate pool within the neuromuscular and neurodegenerative space, map out the East Coast market of broader metabolic/aging disease companies and identify Senior Director to Senior Vice President clinical development leaders
- Network with leaders in the life sciences space
- Executive Search
- Clinical Development
- Employee Count:
- Funding Rounds:
- Series A