X4 is focused on restoring healthy immune system function by developing novel therapeutics to treat rare diseases. X4 has first-in-class, oral, small molecule therapeutics that are antagonists of chemokine receptor CXCR4, which have the potential to treat a broad range of rare diseases, including primary immunodeficiencies (PIs) and cancer.
Their leadership team partnered with The Bowdoin Group to help bring in a VP of US Commercial with clinical and commercial experience and excellent knowledge of U.S. and Europe’s clinical, regulatory processes, and ICH guidance. The client’s goal was to engage with a strategic candidate who would be responsible for running X4’s regulatory submissions processes.
The perfect candidate:
- Executive leader with exceptional commercial leadership and marketing strategy experience in the rare disease space; Ability to build and lead high performing commercial teams
- Past experience working for a public pharma or biotech company
- Willingness to be strategic and hands-on, as well as the ability to remain flexible around the interpretation of regulations
The TBG Process
- Build a list of rare disease pharmaceutical companies in the Greater Boston area and then identify all Commercial leaders at the Director, Vice President, and Senior Vice President levels
- Expand to look at the Commercial leaders of oncology and immunology companies in the Greater Boston area
- Network with leaders in the space
- Executive Search
- VP of US Commercial
- Post-IPO Equity