Thought Industries powers the business of learning with our industry-leading learning technology. We were founded in 2014 around the core belief that online learning experiences should be modern, intuitive, engaging, and scalable. Today, our growing team builds and maintains the only learning solution with completely native tools and integrations that drive higher engagement, learner proficiency, and retention rates for our customers.
They partnered with The Bowdoin Group to place an operationally-focused VP of Engineering. The client’s goal was to engage with a candidate located in the Boston area with experience in enterprise SaaS.
The perfect candidate:
- Ideally a candidate from outside the e-learning space to bring a fresh perspective to the business
- Someone that can grow and develop the tech org as well as help the company navigate tough technology decisions
- Bring a strong operational background, put engineering processes in place, etc.
- While this candidate does not need to be an active coder, someone with a deep understanding of the tech stack is ideal
The TBG Process
- The Bowdoin Group sourced a range of engineering leaders focusing in on East Coat talent from midsized SaaS organizations
- Submitted a slate of nine total candidates to the client
- Quickly rebounded when the first candidate to receive an offer took a different position
- The search team swiftly reengaged the candidate pool, with TBG submitting two additional candidates, which resulted in an accepted offer
- Executive Search
- Software and Tech
- VP of Engineering
- Employee Count: