Shortly before Orna received $100M in Series A financing led by MPM Capital, Orna brought on a new Head of People and Culture who was tasked with hitting very aggressive hiring goals to facilitate the growth the company was tasked with achieving. Orna was founded on groundbreaking research and had the chance to be first to market with their innovative solution in protein expression, RNA production, and superior delivery to conventional RNA approaches.
Based on the growth Orna was experiencing, they needed a partner to help operationalize the talent acquisition process and support a high volume of recruitment, at all levels within the organization (from Research Associates all the way up to senior level leadership positions).
The TBG Process
- Bowdoin met with Orna’s Head of People and Culture to determine growth plans and to develop a talent acquisition strategy for the remainder of 2021
- Bowdoin started supporting Orna with two half-time resources, a Recruiter and a Recruiting Coordinator
- With early success on some very tough to fill roles, Bowdoin earned the trust of the Executive Team, and to start 2022, Orna asked for more dedicated resources from Bowdoin
- Bowdoin currently has two Recruiters, two Researchers, one Recruiting Coordinator, and one Project Manager
- Bowdoin has helped create and implement a new Talent Acquisition workflow, along with a recruiting toolbox to support this process consisting of new systems, hiring manager interview best practice tools, and recruiting templates
- In addition to the RPO partnership, Bowdoin partnered with Orna on multiple executive level searches as the team continues to grow
- Bowdoin is also working to conduct a Hiring Manager Interview Training with the entire company to help instill best practices related to the candidate experience, candidate evaluation best practices, and DE&I
- Recruitment Process Outsourcing
- Employee Count:
- Funding Rounds:
- Series A