Mayo Clinic is ranked by Newsweek as the No. 1 hospital in the world and has consistently been ranked the No. 1 hospital and No. 1 provider in more specialties than any other hospital in the U.S. by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic continuously drives innovation on the world stage.
Mayo recognizes the transformative disruption to healthcare delivery that the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated. As a significant driver of Mayo Clinic’s Bold. Forward. Strategic vision and Operating Plan, Mayo Clinic Platforms (MCP) will be a mechanism for transformation at Mayo and healthcare as an industry. MCP will serve as a foundation for disseminating information, insights, and disruptive products and services that will lead to better health outcomes for patients worldwide. MCP has identified initial capabilities, target markets, and business models to enable this vision to cultivate an ecosystem of change.
MCP is the most transformative and powerful digital health platform in the world. Mayo has invested the resources to set up strong foundational pieces for MCP and has started integrating incredible partners to enable the value of patient outcomes. The Platform is an ecosystem of activity, constantly iterating, evolving, and developing new capabilities to serve patient needs better. Currently, there are three main initiatives within MCP: Clinical Data and Analytics Platform, Virtual Care Platform, and Remote Precision Diagnostics and Monitoring Platform, including several more to be defined.
Over the next few years, Platforms has feasible goals to generate up to $1 billion in returns for Mayo Clinic, accounting for a double-digit percentage of Mayo Clinic’s total bottom line. As of one year into operations, MCP has invested $250,000, and they are sitting on $300M of net unrealized value. Mayo Clinic is on the path to transforming how care is delivered across the world and has identified the need for a tenured Solutions leader to drive growth within their Platforms business.
The perfect candidate:
- Executive leader with solution sales leadership abilities and past customer management success
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the global healthcare ecosystem and interoperability, as well as how various underlying markets (payer, provider, pharma, etc) interact and share data
- Proven ability to develop customer relationships with deep expertise in enterprise software solutions pricing and packaging
- A respectful challenger with the ability to navigate change, be curious, and collaborate to achieve company goals
The TBG Process
- Build a list of healthcare, health tech, strategic consulting, and digital health companies focused on enterprise software solutions and patient outcomes nationally, and then identify all relevant sales leaders
- Expand to look at provider based Population Health and EMR companies and product leaders at these companies
- Network with leaders in the space
- Executive Search
- Digital Health
- MCP Solutions
- Non-Profit Health System