Evolent Care Partners (ECP) is Evolent Health’s total-cost-of-care management business, focused on improving health outcomes and reducing avoidable hospital admissions and readmissions through the partnership and empowerment of independent primary care physicians (PCPs).
The Evolent Care Partners team partnered with The Bowdoin Group to initially find them an inaugural CEO for their newly created Employed Group Model business unit. Evolent was looking to further their mission with the acquisition of a PCP group (currently operating in fee for service model) then transitioning them to a Value-Based Care model. The role would own, build and scale this new group while leading the transition of the group. The opportunity would later change to a Chief Development Officer position, working alongside the acquired group’s leader.
The perfect candidate:
- Successful entrepreneur leading across all functional areas of a company including P&L ownership, operations, product, sales, and more, through a strong strategic and financial lens
- Prior experience in building early-stage businesses, ideally from the ground up to commercial success
- Experience and understanding of the delivery of clinical care, preferably in both a fee-for-service and value-based care environment
The TBG Process
- Internally calibrated on the type of profile and started outreaches as soon as we were aligned on the correct profile
- Identified and built out list of all relevant digital health companies with a focus on tech enabled services, as well as innovative healthcare services organization.
- Identified all strategy and business development leaders at the SVP and C-level or equivalent from the target companies
- Focused on southern states
- Use our Bowdoin network to find other relevant leaders in the space
- Executive Search
- Digital Health
- Post-IPO Equity