Epizyme Inc. is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. Epizyme is developing its lead product candidate, tazemetostat, an oral, first-in-class EZH2 inhibitor. Studies are underway in solid tumors and hematological malignancies as a monotherapy and combination therapy in relapsed and front-line disease.
They partnered with The Bowdoin Group to help with their VP of Marketing hire. This client’s goal was to engage with a candidate with strong strategic marketing skills and product launch experience aligned with the company’s mission.
The perfect candidate:
- Experience creating and executing the strategic vision and go-to-market strategy for an earlier stage commercial organization
- 15+ years of pharmaceutical marketing experience, preferably in U.S. oncology/hematology, specifically lymphoma
- Demonstrates connectedness, humor, and mutual respect
- Exhibits a risk-tolerant, creative approach to solving problems, is genuinely curious, and able to raise the bar
- Exhibits passion for candidates and a sense of urgency to help patients through a shared purpose
- Ability to be agile, optimistic, adaptable, evolutionary, and embrace change
The TBG Process
- Build lists of oncology and hematology focused companies in the Boston Area
- Utilize The Bowdoin Group’s network within the Life Sciences space in the Boston Area
- Executive Search
- VP of Marketing
- Publicly Traded