CAMP4 Therapeutics is pioneering a novel approach to programmable therapeutics by combining a deep understanding of regulatory RNA and gene expression with a complementary and customizable oligonucleotide modality.
CAMP4 Therapeutics, a biotechnology firm in the rare disease space, is pioneering a novel approach to programmable therapeutics. They combine a deep understanding of regulatory RNA and gene expression with a complementary and customizable oligonucleotide modality. CAMP4’s RNA Actuating Platform’s proprietary insights enable them to harness the power of RNA to upregulate the expression of genes and unlock the potential to create treatments for hundreds of diseases affecting millions of patients.
They partnered with The Bowdoin Group for help to grow their C-suite leadership team with a Chief Medical Officer as they prepare to enter the clinic. The client’s goal was to engage with a candidate with deep experience in the rare disease space and a track record of driving multiple clinical programs towards registration milestones.
The perfect candidate:
- 15+ years of experience in the biotechnology industry, including public company experience, with experience with drugs in Phase I to at least Phase III
- Demonstrated expertise in drug development strategy and implementation, pipeline assessment, asset allocation with rare genetic diseases
- Experience in building and managing a broad set of functions (regulatory, medical affairs, clinical operations, clinical, medical and safety, among others) and people, and supports a culture of accountability and transparency
- Ability and experience communicating and engaging global KOLs; ability to articulate strategy and data in unknown therapeutic areas and attract medical interest from peers
The TBG Process
- Build a list of rare disease companies nationally, with an initial focus on the Greater Boston area, and then identify all clinical leaders at the VP and SVP, and C-suite levels from these companies
- Based on a small pool of qualified candidates within the Greater Boston area with experience in the rare disease space, expand sourcing to the Northeast
- Network with leaders in the biotechnology space
- Executive Search
- Digital Health
- Employee Count:
- Funding Rounds:
- Series A