Akili builds clinically-validated cognitive therapeutics, assessments, and diagnostics that look and feel like video games.
Client Success Story
Akili is combining scientific and clinical rigor with the ingenuity of the tech and entertainment industries to challenge the status quo of medicine. Akili has pioneered the development of video game-based digital medicine to improve cognitive function. Akili’s flagship product is a prescription digital treatment to address inattention in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). They’re continuously evaluating new technologies and are advancing a broad pipeline of programs to treat cognitive dysfunction associated with medical conditions across neurology and psychiatry, including attention-deficit hyperactivity/disorder (ADHD), major depressive disorder (MDD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and various inflammatory diseases.
They partnered with The Bowdoin Group to help with their Vice President of Business Development hire. This client’s goal was to engage with an innovative, passionate, strategic, and adaptable candidate.
The perfect candidate:
- 5-10 years of experience in the Biotechnology, Digital Therapeutics, Medical Device, Software, or Digital Health industries with broad experience across business development, M&A, alliances, and licensing.
- A charismatic leader who can articulate a compelling vision and story that can inspire others to join the Akili mission
- Passion for helping patients suffering from neurological disorders; Grit and determination to bring the product to market
- Willingness to think outside of the box and come up with innovative, creative solutions to problems
The TBG Process
- Leverage internal networks within The Bowdoin Group to find top business development leaders
- Built out company lists of digital therapeutics, digital health, biotechnology, and gaming industries
- Network with leaders in the space
- Executive Search
- Digital Health
- VP of Business Development
- Employee Count:
- Funding Rounds:
- Series C