Founded in 1994, The Bowdoin Group is an award-winning executive search firm based in Waltham and Boston, MA, that specializes in leadership and strategic roles, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) services, and major hiring projects for a wide range of companies in Life Sciences, Digital Health, FinTech, Software & Technology, and Private Equity & Venture Capital. Our clients range from small firms building out their executive team to larger firms sourcing talent for rapid market expansion.
Our vision is to partner with the world’s most innovative companies to transform careers, fuel growth, and create more connected ecosystems. We are guided by our mission, which is to grow companies and develop careers by providing our clients the talent and industry expertise to create extraordinary teams. At Bowdoin, we are in the people business, and everything we do extends to our company’s brand and our peoples’ individual brands. We live and breathe our values of excellence, integrity, curiosity, teamwork, and doing the right thing: and we look for these in every team member we bring through the door to join our growing team.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Delivery team. In this role, you will be developing and building relationships with clients and executive talent, using a consultative approach to solve their human capital needs. You will identify candidates and work with them through the hiring process from phone screens to in-person/video interviews and final placements as well as nurture relationships with both clients and candidates. Our goal is to deliver excellence to our clients and candidates as well as provide you with the right tools, support and entrepreneurial environment.
- Identify top talent to match with our clients’ job opportunities: You will work closely with a member of the research team and a Team Lead to source, screen, and qualify potential candidates to fill open positions
- Work as part of a team to consult, update, and understand client needs throughout a search or project
- Develop deep relationships with clients and candidates and use a consultative approach to solve their human capital needs
- Use your industry expertise and listening skills to understand client needs and requirements
- Identify top talent, interview, assess needs and skills and develop relationships with candidates – ensure each candidate has an excellent experience
- Ensure candidates presented to clients are thoroughly screened and assessed and that there is constant and clear communication across the account team, client and candidate
- Guide and direct candidates through interview processes by providing valuable feedback and insight to our clients’ needs
- Document and effectively communicate all client and candidate activities via the company database
- Be a brand ambassador and participate in community and networking events while building long term relationships
- Present and differentiate Bowdoin and services to clients and prospects
- Identify new business opportunities through referrals and relationships with candidates and through networking/sales activities
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- 4+ years of experience building relationships within senior leadership talent (recruiting or sales a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong listening skills
- A competitive, goal oriented background with a natural curiosity and intense desire to excel – possess “grit”
- Driven professional with a desire to be rewarded for hard work and accomplishments
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to exceed goals and take initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a “can do” attitude
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities
- Collaborative, team player with high standards and ethics
The Bowdoin Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bowdoin does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to building a team that brings together diversity in backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, at this time we are not able to sponsor visas.