Posted by The Bowdoin Group on November 30th, 2020
November 30, 2020 — This week, The Bowdoin Group‘s CEO and Founder Dave Melville was featured as a guest on the podcast series, “The Virtual Campfire.” Hosted by Tony Martignetti, known to the HR and recruiting industry as the “Inspired Coach,” has featured C-level executives, founders, and leadership coaches in his podcast where he shares powerful lessons learned from leaders in their transformation journeys. Featured guests have also included Paula Ragan (Founder and CEO of X4 Pharmaceuticals) and Dr. Praveen Tipirneni (President and CEO of Morphic Therapeutic).
In the episode, Dave discusses learning from past mistakes, becoming successful faster than those with innate gifts, learning to respect the work you do, and why intelligence does not always guarantee success. Dave also discusses why Victor Frankl’s Man’s Search for Meaning greatly impacted his career.
What you’ll hear about in this episode of The Virtual Campfire Podcast, “Pushing Past Your Mistakes”:
- How to respect yourself and the work you do
- Why Dave isn’t wired to work for money
- How the clients they help are positively affecting people’s lives
- Why having a high IQ doesn’t always equate to success
- How seeking feedback can propel a person’s ability to learn
- Being sheltered and why it’s hard to adjust to everyday mistakes
- What Dave believes is unfair and wrong when it comes to getting a start in life
You can listen to the episode below or head over to Apple Podcasts to listen there:
To learn more about the podcast, you can find Tony Martignetti and The Virtual Campfire on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and share your favorite episodes across social media. For more great content, powerful stories, and helpful insight, be sure to visit his website.