Spero Therapeutics (Nasdaq: SPRO) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company in Cambridge, MA, committed to advancing novel treatment approaches for bacterial infections. The company has a pipeline of novel, highly differentiated antibacterial and rare disease product candidates focused on the unmet needs of patients with multidrug-resistant (MDR) bacterial infections. Spero Therapeutics’ novel product candidates will have a meaningful impact on patient health and significant commercial applications for treating MDR infections.
They partnered with The Bowdoin Group for help to grow their commercial team with an SVP of Sales and Market Access as they prepare to launch. The client’s goal was to engage with a candidate with experience leading commercial organizations, successfully launching therapeutics products, and developing and executing successful sales and market access strategies.
The perfect candidate:
- A proven track record of successfully launching therapeutics products, preferably in antibiotics, and strategic planning, market access, commercial policies and practices, market development and new product planning, and lifecycle management
- Successfully led integrated commercial organizations and have demonstrated the ability to attract, retain and develop top tier talent within the biopharmaceutical industry
- Strong sales and market access background and recent launch experience
- Superior leadership capabilities, aligning teams and partnering proactively with peer functions with an established vision and rigor that inspires action and execution of strategy
The TBG Process
- Network with executives in the biopharmaceutical space to get referrals from candidates with a high degree of success.
- Work closely with the COO to understand the patient journey and the goal of the commercial team to be able to identify the best target market to identify candidates.
- Build a list of infectious disease, antibiotic, and urology companies with a recent successful launch. Identify the commercial leadership teams at these companies with a preference for the East Coast.
- Based on the increasingly competitive market for top Sales leaders, expand our sourcing nationally and consider a broader profile of sales leaders.
- Executive Search
- SVP Sales and Market Access
- Employee Count:
- Funding Rounds:
- Post-IPO Equity