Newsweek ranks Mayo Clinic as the No. 1 hospital globally. It has consistently ranked the No. 1 hospital and No. 1 provider in more specialties than any other hospital in the U.S. by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic continuously drives innovation on the world stage. Mayo recognizes the transformative disruption to healthcare delivery that the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated. As a significant driver of Mayo Clinic’s Bold. Forward. Strategic and Operating Plan, Mayo Clinic Platforms (MCP) is a mechanism for transformation at Mayo and healthcare as an industry. MCP will serve as a foundation for disseminating information, insights, and products and services that will lead to better health outcomes for patients worldwide. MCP has identified initial capabilities, target markets, and business models to enable this vision to grow an ecosystem of partnerships.
Recognizing the investment required to build and operationalize this business, Mayo has earmarked significant capital for MCP over the next five years. The Vice Chair of Corporate Development will spearhead MCP’s deal-making strategy and execution. Working across the dynamic, fast-paced environment of Mayo, this role will greatly contribute to MCP’s success through deal-making that enhances Mayo’s balance sheet and drives net operating income back to the enterprise. This position will interact with Executive Leadership across Business Development and Platforms and the Mayo Clinic Board of Governors and Board of Trustees.
The perfect candidate:
- Executive leader with tenured deal-making experience and past corporate development success
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the digital health ecosystem and platform capabilities, as well as how various constituents interact and share data
- Proven ability to develop a collaborative and effective business development strategy, execution, and methodology
- Ability to lead within a highly matrixed organization and collaborate to achieve goals and drive patient outcomes
The TBG Process
- Build a list of Digital Health companies focused on home health, healthcare data and analytics, EMR/EHRs, and boutique investment banks nationally, and then identify all relevant corporate development leaders
- Expand to look at medical device companies, pharmacies, payers, and providers, and identify partnership and investment leaders at these companies
- Network within the space
- Executive Search
- Corporate Development
- Vice Chair
- Non-Profit Health System