Founded in 1994, The Bowdoin Group is an award-winning executive search firm based in Waltham and Boston, MA, that specializes in leadership and strategic roles, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) services, and major hiring projects for a wide range of companies in Life Sciences, Digital Health, FinTech, Software & Technology, and Private Equity & Venture Capital. Our clients range from small firms building out their executive team to larger firms sourcing talent for rapid market expansion.
Our vision is to partner with the world’s most innovative companies to transform careers, fuel growth, and create more connected ecosystems. We are guided by our mission, which is to grow companies and develop careers by providing our clients the talent and industry expertise to create extraordinary teams. At Bowdoin, we are in the people business, and everything we do extends to our company’s brand and our peoples’ individual brands. We live and breathe our values of excellence, integrity, curiosity, teamwork, and doing the right thing: and we look for these in every team member we bring through the door to join our growing team.
We are looking for an ambitious, driven, enthusiastic, and creative Marketing Associate with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) who can produce high-quality work and deliverables with direction from senior marketing leadership. This Marketing Associate will help execute on our marketing strategy and help elevate our firm’s brand presence in the Life Sciences, healthcare, and technology industries through creating, curating, and promoting thought leadership, expanding our digital presence, and executing on strategic events. This role will report directly to the Head of Marketing and will work hand-in-hand to grow The Bowdoin Group’s brand in the market.
The Marketing Associate will work closely with the Head of Marketing of the firm to execute on various aspects of our marketing strategy to drive increased brand awareness and engagement, and help drive and qualify inbound leads. This position provides a wide range of exposure to Marketing, Sales Enablement, and Business Development activities, including: email marketing, website management, social media marketing, employer branding, digital event coordination and execution, marketing operations, industry research, and content curation.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Crafting copy and scheduling email campaigns for strategic event invitations, quarterly newsletters, monthly blog posts, and ad-hoc press releases in HubSpot
- Developing copy and scheduling created and curated content on social media channels through HubSpot
- Qualifying leads and executing demand generating campaigns in Salesforce and HubSpot
- Managing event prep for industry conferences and firm-hosted networking events, on-site and off-site
- Reporting out on social media, email, and website metrics on a monthly basis to track digital footprint and progress across channels
- Researching industry trends and analyzing key target companies across our verticals
- Creating and editing presentation decks for internal meetings and prospective clients
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Ability to juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and driven – the ability to get things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and creative problem solver
- Experience in research with exceptional writing and editing skills (copywriting skills a plus)
- Analytical with an interest in utilizing data to gain insights
- Comfort dealing with large datasets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Google Suite Applications
- Experience with HubSpot, WordPress, and Google Analytics is preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, and/or other video and audio editing software applications a plus
The Bowdoin Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bowdoin does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to building a team that brings together diversity in backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, at this time we are not able to sponsor visas.
Please send any questions to Emily Leinbach, Head of Marketing at The Bowdoin Group: [email protected].